Wednesday, October 10, 2007

MAJOR MALFUNCTION



We interrupt this program to report A MAJOR MALFUNCTION!!!

I am sorry to report that since my last post on 9/20 (twenty days ago!) I have GONE OFF THE RAIL. Regressed. Fallen off the wagon. Reverted to my not-so-former evil ways. Partaken of the forbidden fruit (and pizza, and candy, and nasty fast food). Abandoned ship!

I have no excuse for having taken leave of my senses. I am clearly weak and deranged. Perhaps I have a death wish? I don't know how it started, but it did. The "switch" turned off, and I just didn't feel like putting forth the effort involved. I didn't feel like planning and executing the healthy eating plan. I didn't feel like sacrificing or abstaining from tempting (but bad) food choices. I felt like indulging - whatever, whenever.

(Warning: Rationalization approaching...) I suppose it could have been worse. In 3 weeks I gained 3.7 pounds, which merely erased my last "good" week's loss. Today's weight is 315.1 pounds, which puts me 1.1 pounds over my "pace" goal of 314 (I have computed a "pace" line from my start date of 8/22/07 through my end date of 11/12/08, assuming a 2 pound per week loss and an end goal of 200). So, while not ruinous, it has (depressingly) put me "behind the curve", which means I have to double-time it to catch up.

So, here I am - on the road to recovery. Needless to say I am not feeling good about things, but I have to (re-)start somewhere. At the very least, I did step on the scale this morning, and here I am, posting to the blog again. I have a healthy eating plan on deck for today, and packed myself some healthy food options for lunch and snacks. Back to the grind...

3 comments:

TrudyJ said...

Random reader here who found your blog by following links from some other blog ... I just wanted to say I've been checking in, was worried when you disappeared, and am so glad you are back! I am so in awe of people who attempt major weight loss or other huge lifestyle changes and I just want to be everyone's cheerleader ... I think starting is great, but getting back on track once you've had a setback is even better. Way to go!!!!

John said...

Good Job! You saw what you were doing, and decided that you didn't want to do it anymore. Would you have done that a year ago? Or would you have just said, oh well give me that Ben & Jerry's?
The only time you fail is when you don't get back on that road to a better you. Just keep plugging along, you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.