Monday, September 10, 2007

The Great Outdoors

Ahhh, the great outdoors! Had a much-needed change of pace this weekend. I packed up the ol' family cruiser, and took my three little boys camping this weekend. Just dad and the boys. I'm not a big outdoorsy-type, but I have to say, this trip was exactly what I needed. For forty-eight whole hours I didn't need to go anywhere, do anything, worry about what anything costs, look at a computer, or think about my diet!

What we did do was:


Built campfires!

Looked for bugs!

Swam in the pond!

Frolicked in the river!

...and generally goofed around.

Dang, we had the rootin'est, tootin'est greatest time we've had in a long time.

Anyway as far as the diet goes, I fared pretty well. We did, after all, have to eat:

I am proud to say we did not persist merely on hot dogs and marshmallows (well, the kids may have). No sirree, I packed some sensible vittles for this outing. Friday night was campfire-roasted chicken sausages (yum!). Saturday breakfast was whole wheat cranberry muffins, bananas, and oranges. Lunch was peanut butter and jelly. And dinner was a low-fat ziti and broccoli with cheese sauce (very tasty recipe from the Alli cookbook). We did attend a pancake breakfast on Sunday, but hey I'm not sweatin' it. Meanwhile and needless to say, I got my share of "movement" throughout the weekend - hauling gear, climbing hills, and generally chasing after the kids all weekend.

All in all things are cookin' along here just fine. My next weigh-in is Wednesday, we'll see if those pancakes went straight from the lips to the hips or not...

No comments: