Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Back on Track


Whew feels like forever since I posted. Between the long weekend and then being slammed with work yesterday, I haven't had time. Anyway things are crawling along here with the diet.

The weekend was difficult but I am glad to say I didn't totally implode. Friday night we had dinner out with some friends at a terrific little steak house in Shrewsbury that neither my wife nor I had known about. I was definitely off plan but not too bad - split a tomato and mozarella salad and some sushi for apps, then had a red snapper dish with some veggies on the side for dinner. I picked off my wife's dessert (superb pecan tart) but for the most part was pretty restrained. Saturday night we were out again, dinner with at my cousin's house. Unfortunately I didn't fare so well that night, I sortof overdid it on the chips and salsa, and that led to a bit of a landslide with a double helping (at least) of steak tips, potato chips, mac and cheese, and I also I got a bit carried away on the creme fraiche dollops over my grilled peach dessert. I think I redeemed myself somewhat by fasting for 2 meals on Sunday (church thing), and only had a couple of grilled chicken snack wraps from McD's (we were on the road) for dinner. Monday I was back on track.

For this morning's weigh in, the scale rewarded me with a 1.1 pound loss for the week. Not great, but a loss nonetheless. Have to put the hammer down this week and stay on track. This weekend may be difficult as we're going camping, which will limit food options a bit. Maybe I'll just eat what I can forage (e.g. berries and tree bark).

No comments: