Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Yeah baby yeah!

Break out the champagne! (Actually, I don't drink, so break out the chocolate milk) Wooooo hoooooo! Oh yeah, oh yeah!

So, my weigh in went pretty well this morning. I'm down to 319.5, a massive one week drop of 10.5 pounds! Hah!

Ok, ok, I know it won't last. But I get to enjoy this moment. It's the exact mental nourishment I need right now to prepare me for the impending death march which I will surely tire of in short order! So, I will savor this fleeting moment while it lasts!

Rationally, I know that most likely, much of this is the oft-discussed "water weight" that is shed at the start of a diet. The geniuses at GlaxoSmithKline need to figure out how to apply the "water weight" loss mechanism to fat, so that instead of your body releasing water, it releases fat. Wouldn't that be swell if we could just void away all the excess fat instead of having to metabolize it all? Metabolism is waaaay too slow!

3 comments:

Tony said...

Kiran,

Welcome to the club. Looks like you are off to a great start.

Here is my one piece of advice to you, walk...everyday.

I noticed you fretting about the cost of a gym membership, and with 6 kids who can blame you.

You'll be amazed at what a difference simply walking a half hour a day can make. Walk at the fastest pace you can maintain and increase your pace as you start to get comfortable. It's the thing that has made the biggest difference for me.

You'll be amazed at how those losses just keep coming.

Good luck!

john - from fat to fit said...

Great job man, wish I could pull off a number like that!

Regarding the voiding of fat, isn't that sort of what Alli promises? The fat just goes right through you?

Kiran said...

John--Re Alli, it eliminates absorption of DIETARY fat, in other words - fat in the foods you consume. It has nothing to do with stored fat, like the blubber under my chin!
p.s. by the way I'm not taking Alli (yet)...I wanted to see how I could do without it. I'm following their food plan, but it's basically just a low fat diet.